【ESOP】[Temporary Website] Accommodations
October 20, 2020 Updated
The system malfunction on our website (http://www.global.hosei.ac.jp/en/programs/exchange/summary/accommodations/) has been fixed on October 20, 2020. Now you can confirm the accommodations information from this temporary website or our original website above. Please noted that this temporary website will be closed by late November.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Designated housings (Dormitory)
We have not on-campus housings but could offer dormitory if you require.
The dormitory to stay cannot be chosen.
■ Type of dormitory
For each dormitory’s information, please click each dorm’s name.
1) Dormy Minamikasai 45 minutes away from Ichigaya campus
2) Dormy Higashi Koganei 2 55 minutes away from Ichigaya campus
1) Dormy Nakakasai 45 minutes away from Ichigaya campus
2) Dormy Hirai 2 35 minutes away from Ichigaya campus
3) Dormy Koganei Net 55 minutes away from Ichigaya campus
4) Dormy Shimokitazawa 45 minutes away from Ichigaya campus
■ Type of dormitory
Edogawa-ku, Tokyo (Dormy Minamikasai, Nakakasai, Hirai)
Koganei-city, Tokyo (Dormy Higashi Koganei 2, Koganei Net)
Chiba-city, Chiba (Dormy Barakinakayama)
Breakfast and evening meals are provided. *Except on Sundays and national holidays
0:00 AM ～ 6:30 AM *Except Koganei Net and Barakinakayama
You CANNOT enter the dorm after 0:00 AM.
66,200 JPY per month (includes “administration fees”).
Administration fees refer to the use of shared facilities, general administrative and other miscellaneous costs.
We subsidizes (25,000 JPY) the monthly rent only for exchange students.
Exchange Student : 247,200 JPY / 6 months; 494,400 JPY / year
Visiting International students (Fee paying) : 397,200 JPY / 6 months; 794,400 JPY / year
Notice on living in a dormitory
1) Subsidies are available for the university designated accommodations; however, should students
decide on other accommodation, s/he is responsible for all related expenses.
2) Should students decide to move out of university designated accommodations, s/he is required to
notify the university at least 1 month beforehand, as to intent.
3) Charges for electricity and water are covered by Hosei University. However, should monthly
fees become excessively high due to misuse, such as excessive usage of air conditioner etc., s/he
will be held responsible for the surcharge(s).
4) Costs may vary according to the yearly revised contract between Hosei University and the external
5) In addition to the rent mentioned above, you will be assessed for the following:
a. Bedding rental (e.g. 17,820yen for 6 months; 25,000yen for 12 months for Applicants only)
b.Utilities, telephone and internet fees (where applicable)
*Costs may vary according to the accommodation.
To live in an apartment other than a dormitory
The Ichigaya campus of Hosei is in central Tokyo.
Accommodation rent of central Tokyo is about 70,000 JPY to 100,000 JPY per month.
Accommodation rent of suburbs is about 50,000 JPY to 60,000 JPY per month.
We strongly recommend you require us to arrange a dormitory for you.
Since in Japan, it is also necessary to pay additional (non-refundable) fees when signing a lease, so that the initial payment is likely to amount to two to five times the monthly rent.
※※The above information is correct as of January 2020 but may be subject to change.※※